Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simple & Easy Cooking: Spinach Artichoke Dip

Have you ever struggled to make your man happy with your cooking skills? Have you ever felt like your only choice is to go to the grocery store to buy pre-made dips for sports watch-parties or BBQs? Do you secretly wish your man would eat healthier? Do you dream of making restaurant quality food in your own kitchen? ...Ladies listen, I can solve all the above for you in one simple and easy spinach artichoke dip recipe. But first, a little background on how I let go of my fears of never having made a dip from scratch in my life.

Mr. ArtSea Chic and I have been together for a year now, and through it all I have been taking note of the foods he loves to eat, which ones he doesn't like, and the ones he should really eat more of (ehmm fruits and veggies). I noticed on several occasions when we went out to restaurants that he would order spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer, he loves it. To be honest, I never really liked it a lot because it lacked any real flavor to me, but had a bite or two anyways.
After not having seen each other over a few weeks (long distance relationship) he planned to visit for a weekend. I was so excited and wanted to cook him something that he had never eaten that was made all by me, something that he would always remember ;) So I thought long and hard about what I would make, and then it just came to me - SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP! He loves this stuff, so why not try to cook it myself so I can replace the restaurants right?haha

Here's where I had to conquer my fears because I'm horrible at cooking unless I make step-by-step detailed instructions with pictures, plus I had never made a dip in my life. So what is a girl to do but to look to Pinterest these days to guide her to the most man-approved recipe! That's exactly what I did, but edited the recipe from Natasha's Kitchen to make it a little spicy and to use fresh spinach.


First thing I did was hit the grocery store armed with a list of ingredients that I needed:

* 8oz. Cream Cheese
* 16oz. Sour Cream
* 1 Butter Stick
* 2 Parmesan Cheese Bags
* 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
* 1 Green Jalapeno Pepper
* 3 Cups Spinach Leaves
* 1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder
* 1/2 TSP Black Pepper

Once you have all your ingredients back home and you're ready to start cooking, follow the steps below!

1. Wash, cut, and drain artichoke hearts, spinach, and green jalapeno pepper. Place them into a food blender to chop into small pieces.
2. In a medium sized pot, melt on medium heat the cream cheese, sour cream, butter stick, and parmesan cheese. It should start to bubble.
3. Then add in the chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, and green jalapeno pepper. Mix thoroughly.
4. Mix in garlic powder and black pepper thoroughly.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes, mixing constantly, and then serve!

I found out the hard way that this recipe can be made so much faster by preping the artichoke hearts, spinach, and green jalapeno pepper first before you do anything else, so I advise to keep to the first step. 



Let me tell you, this was one amazingly successful first try at making spinach artichoke dip from scratch! Gotta give a lot of credit to using the green jalapeno pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper for kicking the flavor up multiple notches, which is what I was aiming for. Mr. ArtSea Chic loves it more than any other spinach artichoke dip he has ever had at a restaurant - and this my friends is food that sings to a man's heart while giving him some fresh veggies he might otherwise never eat on his own :)  Plus, now that you know how to make a winning dip from scratch, you will never have to buy pre-made spinach artichoke dip from the store again.

Fresh, tasty, and easy to reheat and store in a container to save for later. Better yet, your man can take this dip to work to have with his lunch. Pair with bread, crackers, or tortilla chips (I prefer the chips).



That's all there is to it, hope you give this recipe a try! If you do cook it up let me know how it went for you by commenting below on this post or sharing a pic of your masterpiece on the ArtSea Chic Facebook page. Enjoy!


Unless otherwise stated, all content and photographs are ©ArtSea Chic. Please do not copy or distribute photographs without first asking for permission. Paid endorsement disclosure: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of compensation for my endorsement, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog, which are mentioned in the ArtSea Chic Media Kit. Please know that I only recommend and endorse products and services that I personally approve, appreciate, and feel would be helpful for readers. All ideas and opinions expressed are completely my own. Thank you for supporting ArtSea Chic!  

7 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite things. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spinach artichoke dip! But I've never tried to make it myself. Thanks for sharing a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! I find it way better and fresher than any restaurant's.

      Delete
  3. That looks really good! My man hates vegetables as well! Check this recipe out http://www.southernfrieddomestication.blogspot.com/2014/05/spinach-quesadillas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks and sounds delicious! I love a good Spinach Artichoke Dip. The addition of the jalapeƱos would really add a nice twist. Pinned to my appetizers board. (And have followed you on Pinterest.) Thank you for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April :) This definitely beats out any I have had, it's more fresh when you make it yourself anyways so that's a plus from the start!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover